Search

Saturday 29 October 2011

Red Velvet Cupcakes

Baking satisfies me. <3

Chef John's Red Velvet Cupcakes.


Instead of cream cheese, I made buttercream frostings. (Note to self: Get hold of some cream cheese or find time to make some next time.) Those brown stuff on top are cocoa powder. Anyway, this gave me an idea. I could dust coffee powder on cupcakes next time.


Tasted nice(its sweet!).
Texture's right(slightly moist compared to normal cupcakes. And I personally like the slightly crunchy-get-stuck-in-your-teeth crust. Don't know if it's suppose to be like that,  but I like how it turned out. hehe).
Colour's right, according to the recipe and other references (But a little too much food colouring if you ask me).

Need more time to bake, dammit.

Was just thinking... wouldn't it be rather awesome to own a bakery? =)

No comments:

Post a Comment