And, after weeks of waiting to try out this recipe by Chef John, I finally got to it today.
In the end I only used one box of blueberries. I was feeling 'kiamsiap', maybe. Anyway, the whole process was pretty simple. Very simple, in fact. The only set back I had was, the plug where I had the oven connected to burnt or something..and my mom and I thought the oven must've kicked the bucket! We sat in front of the oven wondering if the things in there were really cooking cause the lights in the oven were off. What we didn't know was the plug point burnt. Excuse my lack of common sense.
1. The tray is too wide for my batter. The whole clafoutis was so spreaded out, it ended up flatter than it's suppose to be. Which then causes the centre to be really thin, therefore, you can't really taste the custard goodness, unless you concentrate while eating. But then eating isn't rocket science. Fail.
2. Damned blueberries floated to the sides.
Hence(and since I have another box of blueberries left), 2nd attempt tomorrow! =D