Search

Friday 25 January 2013

Minecraft!

It's been awhile since I've wanted to play Minecraft.


I can hear how fun it is every time my brother plays Minecraft with our cousin and his friend, while talking through Skype. My boyfriend plays it with his friend too, and tries to show me all these cool things he build. But I never did play after trying it for the first time. Because the first person view and highly pixelated graphics hurt my head... I got so dizzy due to the first person view that I felt sick, like I was about to vomit any moment. Merely watching my brother and boyfriend play was enough to make my head spin.

It's been awhile. And I know I'm missing out on the fun I could be having. I asked my brother if there were alternatives to the way the video graphics are.

And yes, you can play Minecraft in 3rd person view. I knew that before but found it hard to navigate since I couldn't see the things in front of me. Turns out I'm just not used to it and I didn't know how to switch between the camera modes at different situations for easy navigation/movement. Jeremy also made me download a texture pack which made everything in the game look much smoother.

Then, he told me about this site where our cousins designed different skins for everyone. I'm truly amazed at how a few square blocks can look so beautiful and cute when you put the right colours on them! Was really amazed especially at my brother's character skin. It was design by our cousin, Adrian and it was super cute!

I looked through the ready-made skins on the site and couldn't find one that really reflects who I am. So I decided to make one myself. Not bad for a first time, I would say.

Misaki, my Minecraft character.

My cousin sister made drawings of everyone's Minecraft characters and they were all beautiful. (Her drawings are all seriously cute!!) This is her drawing of Misaki:

The drawing of Misaki looks stunning. I love it!!

She asked me what I wanted my character to hold. I didn't want the typical sword/axe/pickaxe/etc. So I told her I wanted to hold a bone. Hmm.

After an hour+ of playing Minecraft with my brother, cousins and friends, I must admit, I feel a little dizzy in my head now. But Minecraft is an awesome game.

And I guess it's something I can condition myself to do. Afterall, as I recall, when I started playing WoW, I felt a little dizzy after playing for hours too. I'll get used to it. The game is too good to give up. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment